Thursday, June 5, 2014

Bang(Black Lotus book 1) By E.K. Blair

"And that's the moment when you realize that hopes and dreams are as fucked up as the fairytales."
 
This is the first book I have ever read by E.K. Blair so I was not sure what to expect. Bang is a very intense book that keeps you on your toes the whole time trying to figure out what is going to happen. If you can not handle a VERY dark book that has child abuse in it do not buy this book! I almost did not finish Bang because of the abuse and I had to take a break and read another book in between so that I could finish it.
 
Nina/Elizabeth has had a horrible life since she was five and put into a abusive foster home. Her only saving grace was her foster brother Pike. Elizabeth is now grown up and going by the name Nina to get her revenge on the people that ruined her life with the help of Pike. Even with the abuse(which I understand had to happen to explain why Elizabeth and Pike act the way they do) I enjoyed this book because you could not guess what was going to happen and you never see the ending coming. I can not wait for the next book to come out and I rate this with 3 out of 5 stars.
 
Happy Reading
 
XOXO R



No comments:

Post a Comment