Thursday, August 28, 2014

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

I thought reviewing this book would be fitting since the movie is out and I really really want to watch it. I'm curious to see how the movie will be compared to the book. Anyway...so here is my review. 

If I Stay is a hard book to read, not because it is bad, but because of the emotions that death can bring with. I have children and I couldn't imagine this happening to my family. But this kind of thing happens every day and no one really notices it because the news don't report on it, the seem to only report how cops are out of control anymore. 

Mia loses everything, so why should she stay? During the story Mia reminisces about her life up until that point. She is viewing everything that is happening from an outside view, she has amazing support from people who want to see her come through, but like I said, she has lost everything....she doesn't feel right staying while her mom, dad, and brother have all succumbed to their injuries. 

During her flash backs of memories, Adam plays a huge part in her life, and they are totally opposite but ultimately the same. They are clearly in love, but what he does for her in the end....that may be what it takes for her to make a decision. Because in the end, we can decide to give up or keep fighting.


I rate this a 5 star book. I will be starting the second book to this sometime today if my homework allows...like I said I really want to see how the movie will compare to the book. 

-xoxo-T

No comments:

Post a Comment